There is no end to the wide use of USB drives in today’s data-driven world. While they help us quickly move our data from one location to another, they can suffer from unwanted issues at times. For instance, getting errors like USB drive not showing up or USB drive corrupted are some common issues. If you are also experiencing the same issue, then don’t worry. In this guide, we will provide a quick troubleshoot and also teach you how to perform data recovery on USB drives.
Recoverit Data Recovery: A Reliable USB Recovery Tool
When our USB drive suffers from an unwanted issue, we often format it or end up losing our data in one way or another. To avoid this unwanted issue, you can take the assistance of Wondershare Recoverit. It is a complete recovery application that provides dedicated solutions to perform USB data recovery. By following a simple click-through process, you can easily get back your lost, deleted, and inaccessible files from a USB drive or any other source.
- The data recovery tool supports all kinds of USB drives, manufactured by brands like Kingston, SanDisk, HP, Sony, etc.
- It can recover your photos, videos, audios, documents, emails, compressed folders, and more.
- The software boosts the recovery rate of 96% which is one of the highest in the industry.
- Apart from USB drives, data recovery can be performed on other sources too, like SD card, hard disks, MP3 players, digital cameras, etc.
Different USB drive data loss scenarios
One of the best things about Recoverit is that is can perform USB data recovery in all the prominent scenarios. This includes conditions like USB drive not showing up, accidental deletion/formatting of USB drive, USB drive corrupt storage, data loss due to a virus attack, and so on.
Windows and Mac support
The Recoverit Data Recovery desktop application can be downloaded for free on Windows or Mac. It supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 or systems running on macOS X 10.8 and all the later versions. The free version of the tool can recover up to 100 MB of data. Therefore, users can get its pro version for as less as $39.95 a year.
How to perform USB data recovery with Recoverit?
To perform data recovery on a USB drive using Recoverit, the following steps can be taken:
Step 1: Connect your USB drive
Firstly, connect your USB drive to your computer and launch the Recoverit application on it. From its home, pick the “External Device Recovery” and select USB drive as the connected source.
Step 2: Pick a location to scan
Subsequently, the application will display a list of the connected data units as well as the internal partitions to pick. Select the icon of the USB drive and start the process.
Step 3: Restore your data
As Recoverit Data Recovery will try to get back the lost data from your USB drive, simply have some patience and wait for a while.
Once it is completed, you can preview the recovered data on the interface and select the files you wish to get back. Click on the “Recover” button and save your data to a secure location (not your USB drive).
How to fix USB drive not showing up issue?
If you are not able to connect your USB drive to your system, then consider following these quick suggestions.
- Check if your USB drive is working or not by connecting it to some other computer.
- Clean your USB drive as well as the USB port on your computer with a dry cotton cloth or vacuum.
- Connect your USB drive to any other system, format it, and try connecting it to your computer again.
- Scan your USB drive with an anti-virus tool and make sure it doesn’t have any malware.
- Go to the firewall settings on your system and ensure it is not blocking an incoming connection.
- Update the USB drivers on your computer by visiting its settings.
The guide would have certainly helped you overcome issues with your USB and recovering its lost content. You can easily perform USB data recovery using Recoverit and get back positive results. It supports different scanning methods and all kinds of data loss scenarios to provide a holistic support to its users.
- Perform USB Drive Recovery and Resolve Unwanted Errors - April 1, 2020
- Best Tricks on Dating Apps - April 1, 2020