Download Entire Website Wayback Machine
Hey Guys, In This Tutorial I will tell you about How can you download Full Website from Wayback Machine easily. Want to see how your website was looking in past? Want To download your website copy as it was looking in past? I have one simple Tutorial for you, Which you can follow for download your website from wayback machine. There are many tools available like Httrack for download website from current time, But downloading website from wayback, is also possible with the help of simple Ruby Script which is developed by Hartator.
For Download Website form Wayback machine, there are many online tools available which are paid and charge 10-15$ for download one single website from wayback machine. But I am here with the guide for provide you a Simple way to download full website from wayback for free without paying anything, isn't it cool? One Day, I was searching for the way to download website from wayback and I Found best possible way is using ruby gem file. I was found this script on Github, special Thanks to that website. So If you also looking for the way to download website from wayback then simply follow below tutorial for this.
What is Wayback Machine?
If you are a Blogger or Freelancer, then you maybe already know or heard about Wayback Machine. But if you are not, then let me tell you. You may have heard about Time Machine Right, Wayback Machine is the Time Machine of the web, Which Save the Entire website in their database (With CSS, Images, Files). Wayback Machine Bot Goto Different websites, and Saved the website so you can view your website in future that how your website was looking in past.
Requirements for Download Website from Wayback Machine
- Ruby For Windows – Download Ruby
- Wayback Machine Downloader Gem File Install Via Command –
- For Mac or Linux Based System – Nothing Special Needed, Just Need to Run Command for Install Waybacm machine downloader Gem.
How to Download Website from Wayback Machine (Windows PC)
- At First, Download and Install Ruby According to your Operating System Bits (32 or 64).
- Now Goto Start – Find Start Command Prompt with ruby and run it via Administrator.
- Now Run Below Command in it for Install Wayback Machine Website Downloader in Ruby.
- After Run Above Command, It will successfully Install Wayback machine downloader in your PC then simply Open Wayback from your Pc and enter the website address of your choice which you want to download.
- After that Replace URL and TimeStamp with the below command.
wayback_machine_downloader http://missingtricks.net --from 20160608151239
- And Run This Command In CMD via Ruby and Wait for few seconds. It will start downloading your website and may take few minutes.
- You can find downloaded website copy from below Path in your Windows PC.
- And There you go, You will get your downloaded copy of your website and you can run it locally or run on your server.
So this was the guide on wayback machine downloader windows, which you can use in your windows PC for download full website from wayback machine. If you have Linux based OS PC like macbook. then follow below tutorials for that.
Video Tutorial On How to Save Entire Website from Wayback
How to Download Website from Wayback Machine (Linux Based OS)
- For Run This Wayback Machine downloader in Mac PC, You don't need to install ruby. Just Open Terminal And enter below command in it.
gem install wayback_machine_downloader
For EL Capitan Or Later OS.
sudo gem install wayback_machine_downloader -n/usr/local/bin
- After Run Above Command, It will Install Wayback machine downloader in your System and then download websites via commands, same as described in windows pc section.
So This is the way which you can use for download entire website from Wayback machine with the help of simple ruby script. You can use it for recover your website from wayback machine or just to check how your website was looking in past. For more questions or suggestions regarding this blog, simply comment below, I will try to help you out. Enjoy this wayback downloader free in your PC. Thanks for visiting and stay tuned in this blog for more cool stuffs like this.